The CoreLogic S&P Case-Shiller high-price-tier Home Price Index for the 5- county San Francisco Metro Area, illustrated above by the blue line, applies best to more expensive Bay Area housing markets such as most of San Francisco, Marin, San Mateo and Diablo Valley/Lamorinda. The SF Metro low- and mid-price tiers had much more dramatic bubbles …
Autumn markets in counties around the Bay Area have seen significant shifts, but with wide variance in the magnitude of these changes between counties. So far, Marin itself has seen much less dramatic changes than some other local markets such as Santa Clara and Sonoma Counties. Homes that sell have generally continued to sell quickly, …
Let’s see what’s happening in our Autumn Market …….
- Listing inventory has climbed….
- Sales volume has dropped….
- and the numbers of price reductions and expired listings have increased….
- Luxury house sales & Luxury condos hit a new sales peak for the month of October….
- But the number of listings hit a new all-time high.